3rd of December 2011, meetings were held for the Project Steering Group and the Network for Policy creation within the project "Promoting agriculture with high natural values and agri-environmental payments through civil society organizations in Macedonia."
The purpose of these meetings was the presentation of the project results in the second year of its implementation, presentation of the draft policy measures that support agriculture in HNV areas where case studies made by Dr. Susanna Kratovalieva and activities will be implemented by the end of the project. Project leader Vjara Stefanova presented the proposed direct payments and rural development for the period of 2014 -2020 as a part of the Common Agricultural Policy of the EU.
At the end of the meeting participants discussed the proposed policy measures that support HNV agriculture in areas that are focal in the case studies.
Upcoming activities to be implemented are:
- Preparation of a manual for High Nature Value farming in Macedonia
- involving all the key project results / conclusions in Macedonian and English
- will be followed by another meeting of the Project Steering Group and the Network for Policy creation- Dissemination of project results
- organizing round tables, press conferences, events
- Communication campaign organized by the DEM and local NGO members, in order to promote the "hidden values" of traditional extensive agriculture in Macedonia.